Printing envelopes in PitneyShip, PitneyShip Pro, or PitneyShip Enterprise
Envelope printing requires that DeviceHub be installed and configured.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
- On the Stamps tab, select Print Stamps: Envelope, or from the Shipping & Mailing menu, select Stamp Envelope.
- For weights other than 1 oz., or to add extra services, select Custom Stamp and enter the envelope weight in the Weight field.
- To print more than one stamp with the same services, enter the number of stamps you wish to print from the Quantity menu.
- Perform any of the optional tasks below to set up the stamps as needed.
- Select Add to Envelope.
- Repeat for any additional envelopes you wish to print. Use the arrows below the envelope preview to scroll through the envelopes.
- If this is the first time you are printing an envelope on a particular printer, print a test to check your printer settings before printing the postage.
- Select Print Stamps.
- Select Add Sender Address or Add Recipient Address on the envelope.
- Enter the address and select Apply, or select the address book icon to choose an address from the address book.
- Select Custom Stamp.
- Select Add Extra services.
- Select the desired services.
- Select Accept.
Click in the Cost account field and start typing to search, or select the search icon next to the field and select the desired account.
Enter the ZIP code in the Mail From This ZIP Code field.
Enter the memo (up to 50 characters) in the Memo/Reference field.
When you print a test, the Check printer compatibility window will appear so that you can test your printer settings before printing on your envelope.
Select Test Print. Test Prints are for testing alignment only and do not use postage.
- Select your printer and tray.
- Select Preview Test Print.
- Select your printer's envelope orientation.
- Select Print Test Print.
- If the envelope printed correctly, select Done. If it did not, select Readjust Printer Settings and try again.
Select the Delete Stamp (trash can) icon next to the envelope you wish to delete.
Select the desired date from the Mailing Date menu.
Note: The stamp date changes to the next day automatically at 8PM in your time zone.
Choose the desired size under Envelope Size. Only #9 and #10 envelopes are supported.
Select the desired Add QR Code location on the envelope. Use the form to select the type of information you want the QR code to contain and fill in the information. A QR code can be made to contain any one of the following items:
- Plain text
- Telephone number
- Website address
- Email address
UPDATED: November 09, 2023