The article’s solution or answer has been confirmed in practice by a client or Pitney Bowes agent.
Connect with SmartLink
After Activation - SmartLink™ Features & Solutions
Watch this video to find out how to easily access new features and capabilities
that are available once you activate your SmartLink™ device.
Remember: Always keep SmartLink connected - it works behind the scenes so your mailing system stays up-to-date with rates and software, and much more.
For help setting up, select the blue button for instructions:
- Save cost: Eliminating the need for a dedicated analog phone line.
- Automatic updates: USPS® postal rate and software downloads keep your meter up-to-date.
- Savings on Pitney Bowes genuine ink when you sign up for the AutoInk™ program.
- Account management: New online account features make it easier to manage your business with us, 24/7.
- Critical alerts: Low-postage and low-ink notifications
- Self-help tools: Proactive error notification and video tutorials take the “problem” out of problem solving.
- Custom analytics: Easily track postage expenses with clear, current and detailed information on your postage activity.
- View SmartLink Network Security Certification
Advanced Set Up Information
- Wi-Fi standards supported: IEEE 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz networks and 802.11a/n 5GHz networks.
- 802.1X networks are not supported.
- Ports Used: Connects with port 31314, 993, or 443 using TCP. Gets upgrades with port 80 using TCP/HTTP.
- URL: Connects to sl.pb.com.
- Data Transferred via HTTPS (with TLS 1.2). Only uses outbound communications through the network to minimize the possibility of the communications getting blocked.
- TIP: For companies with extra secure networks, we recommend using a proxy username and password. Allow outbound communications on 31314 and 80.
- Note: There are two MAC addresses, depending if wired or wireless connection. Located on a sticker on the back of the device.