The article’s solution or answer has been confirmed in practice by a client or Pitney Bowes agent.
Getting ready for your new SendPro C-Series solution
Your new SendPro® C-Series system will arrive soon. To ensure a smooth transition, here are three important steps you can take now – before your system arrives.
1. Ready to connect?
Your new C-Series system communicates over the Internet, using either a LAN or Wi-Fi connection, to provide you with greater access to Pitney Bowes and to carriers such as USPS and UPS. (Analog line connections are not supported).
- Local Area Network (LAN connection): Ensure that a LAN port and a network cable are available where your system will be placed.
- Wi-Fi connection: The SendPro system will automatically detect your Wi-Fi network.
- Electrical outlets: Ensure that you have one outlet for the C-Series and one for your optional shipping label printer.
For in-depth information, see your SendPro C-Series Connectivity Guide.
2. Do you have postage funds available?
Click here to check your balance in your Pitney Bowes postage funds account (i.e. Purchase Power, Reserve Account). If you are transitioning from an existing Pitney Bowes system, any remaining funds in your current system will be transferred to the new system. To print trackable labels, you will download funds from your Pitney Bowes account into the shipping application.
3. Get ready to print trackable labels for Priority Mail® and package services.
- Add funds to your USPS shipping account. By funding this online account, you can print trackable labels for Priority Mail and other package services. This gives you access to USPS discounted rates of up to 39% off retail rates. (Your actual savings may vary depending on weight, zone, and services requested.)
- Add your contacts for shipping. Go to the Address Book tab and select the + sign. Add an address or import multiple addresses.
- You’re ready to start shipping today. Once you’ve added your contacts and funds, you can ship packages from your computer and also from your SendPro C-Series device after it is installed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How is the SendPro C-Series different from a classic postage meter?
A: The C-Series can print postage on envelopes and flats, along with printing approved USPS shipping labels.
- Shipping labels qualify you for Commercial Base Pricing and automatic package tracking.
- Access your preferred carrier accounts, including USPS, UPS and other major carriers, from the same device you use to send mail.
- Ship, track and manage your costs across all three major carriers.
Q: What are the benefits of printing a trackable label with USPS?
A: Benefits include:
- Save by automatically qualifying for USPS Commercial Base pricing.
- Print a label that includes your return address, “ship to” address, and a tracking barcode.
- Use one address list for all three carriers – USPS®, FedEx® and UPS®.
- Track packages for all three carriers from the same place.
Q: What discounts are available when printing a trackable label?
A: USPS offers Commercial Base Pricing to clients who print a trackable label, with access to discounts of up to 39% off retail rates. Your actual savings may vary depending on weight, zone, and services requested.
Q: What are my options for funding my postage and shipping accounts?
A: Most Pitney Bowes clients prefer our Purchase Power service. With Purchase Power, you can pay for postage and mail related expenses without having to prepay or pay as you go. Eligible clients receive a credit line through The Pitney Bowes Bank, and will receive one consolidated bill for both mailing and shipping transactions.