The article’s solution or answer has been confirmed in practice by a client or Pitney Bowes agent.
USPS rate update tips and troubleshooting
UPDATED: January 14, 2019
Troubleshooting tips for your rate update
- Change your meter's dial-up number to get your new USPS rates
- Clear "Inspection Due", "Inspection (or) Connection Required" Messages
- Error 1102 "Rate Manager Not Initialized" or "RM Not Initialized" on the mailstation and mailstation2
- IntelliLink™ Desktop Troubleshooting FAQ
- Resolve Connection Errors on your Meter - help with errors and messages by meter and by connection method (PC Meter Connect; Phone/Analog; SmartLink™; USB Ethernet cable)
- Resolve "Low Battery" Messages
Helpful information tips to ensure a successful rate update
- The new USPS changes (January 27, 2019) affect the operation of your meter - Learn more.
- Getting a Certificate of Mailing from the USPS
- Meter operation changes
- Presets on your Meter: normal and custom settings
- Postal ZIP Zones and Zone Charts
- Updating the ZIP Code on your Meter
- USPS® online tools & calculators:
More rate update information
Visit Rate Change Central for detailed mailing and shipping price information, saving solutions, and special offers to help improve your business needs and your bottom line.