If you are installing a SendPro Mailstation for the first time, you can watch the video or follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Before you begin
- Open the box
- Unpack the device
- Connect the device to a power source and continue installation steps
- Install the ink cartridge
- Install the scale
- Enter ZIP Code and security PIN
- Add postage
Before you begin installing your new SendPro Mailstation, you need to decide how you are going to pay for postage and what type of connection (wired or wireless) you wish to use. In addition, you need to gather account and password information.
Set Up your Postage Payment Method
Pitney Bowes offers different options to pay for postage for mailing. You must set up how you are going to pay for postage before you can use your SendPro Mailstation. Visit pitneybowes.com/us/support/postage/paying-for-postage.html for more information. The procedure here assumes you have set up your payment method already.
Choose how you will connect to Pitney Bowes
Software installation takes about 10 minutes if you use wired connection.
Software installation takes about 15 minutes if you use a wireless connection. You will need access to a wireless network.
Get account, password information, and ZIP Code
If you are using a wireless connection, you need to know the name of your router and the password for the router.
You need the email address and password that you use to sign into Your Account on Pitney Bowes. During the installation you also have the option of creating a new email address and account instead of using an existing one.
You need the ZIP Code for the location where you are installing the device.
Here's a diagram and explanation of the items you should find in your box. If anything is missing, please contact Pitney Bowes.
Remove all tape. Open and remove the orange protector and then close the cover.
- Connect the device to a wall outlet. Press the power button.
- Wait for system startup... Then tap Get Started on the touchscreen and continue installation steps.
- During this part of the installation, you will be prompted for the following information.
- The Network type, Wired or Wireless
- If you are using Wireless, you will be prompted for the name of your router and the password.
- If you select Wired, you will be prompted to plug the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on the back of the device. DHCP is the most common Connection Type.
- The email address and the password you use for your PB.com account.
- The Network type, Wired or Wireless
Once the device connects to PB.com, you are ready to install the ink cartridge and the scale. The instructions to install both appear on the display and guide you through the steps. The steps are repeated here for your convenience.
- Remove the ink cartridge from its container. Remove the orange sticker from the bottom of the ink cartridge.
- Open the ink door.
Slide the cartridge in at an upward angle, then firmly press it up until it clicks into place.
After you click the ink cartridge into place, close the ink door.
Respond to the prompts on the display to complete the ink cartridge installation.
Open the door on the right side of the device to access the USB port. Connect the USB cable to the device.
Option 1 - install the scale behind the device.
- Slide the scale under the left back side of the device.
- Make sure the scale stand slides along to the left side of the bottom of the device.
- Slide the scale into the pegs on the scale stand.
Option 2 - install the scale on either side of the device.
- Respond to the prompts on the display to complete the scale installation.
- Enter the ZIP Code for your location.
- If you went to create a PIN for your device, enter a 4-digit number when prompted.
- If you need to transfer funds from an old meter before adding postage, refer to Transferring funds from an older meter to SendPro Mailstation.
- To add postage to your SendPro Mailstation, refer to Adding postage on the SendPro Mailstation.
- When you purchase a SendPro Mailstation, Pitney Bowes creates a SendPro Online account for you and links it to your device. If when you try to add postage, you get the message "No payment method found", refer to "No payment method found" error on the SendPro Mailstation.
If you are unable to connect to the internet, ask your IT department to check the internet settings before you contact Pitney Bowes. If you still need assistance, please use the Contact Us options below.
UPDATED: April 27, 2021