This section describes improvements and fixes to the installer.
Expanded Large Shipment Processing Functionality
You can now divide big volume shipments into smaller, more manageable shipments, reducing processing time and strains on system performance.
Key points about the current big-volume shipments workflow:
- Added a new task, Large Shipment, which works by dividing one shipment into smaller batches which are then processed individually.
- Added new Server Options:
- Large Shipment Package Limit. Sets the number of packages at which the large shipment task will automatically begin
- Large Shipment Package Spilt Sets the number of packages at which the shipments splits.
- Processed large shipments can be viewed within the Large Shipment control that can be added to both Generation 1 and 2 project templates. Users can view statuses and reprint outputs.
- Added new email template for large shipment email notifications, accessed via the Server tab in Shipment Server Configuration.
- Added new variable to the Xsys Updater, shipment.largeshipmentprocessing.
- As each spilt shipment is processed individually, there are some changes to existing processes:
- The total page count on labels will display the Large Shipment Package Split for the total page count, rather than the total number of packages in the entire shipment. This can cause incorrect page counts for carriers that print page counts on thermal labels. Additional Thermal Label Options can be configured to correct this.
- If Shipment-level documents have been configured, these outputs will be produced for each split shipment created during the process.
- If the Ship Message Queue is enabled, messages will be sent for each spilt shipment.
- Packages and Charges for each split shipment packages are appended to the master shipment. This means that charges calculated during shipment consolidation for the master shipment will be higher than the carrier charge.
Note: Consolidated Shipments are not supported.
Previously large shipments were processed as a whole, with single MSM queue messages, single package counts and charges. If the above settings are not configured, large shipments will be processed as they were previously.
Also, refer to the XML SCHEMA CHANGES section of these release notes.
Additionally, modified the FedEx Web Services Ship Request connector. During multipack shipments, if any package fails to be processed the Master Shipment will show the partial success status, and an Error Placeholder Label will be generated for all packages that failed. Such label needs to be configured in Shipment Server.
This section includes items that have been raised via Support and escalated to Development for resolution within this release.
SendSuite Live Mailroom. Improved Rate Group Reset
The Mailroom rate group is now reset during the standard template reloading. Previously, the rate group only reset during the initial template startup. Also, refer to the PROJECT TEMPLATE CHANGES section of these release notes.
FedEx Freight Web Services. Purchase Order Number Now Prints on Label
Any value passed to the PurchaseOrderNumber within the Ship Request will now print on FedEx Freight Web Services labels.
Generation 2 Hazardous Ship. Resolved Exception During Template Reset
Resolved an issue whereby the Hazardous Ship project template would error if a user reset the shipment after adding a hazardous exemption to the parcel line item.
UPS API. Improved Rates Display
Improved rates display to stop negative rates being returned for UPS API domestic shipments.
This section contains information about minor changes and corrections. It can include issues raised in previous releases that have been corrected.
TNT Express. Updated Consignment Note Output Rule
The TNT Express Consignment Note output rule has been corrected and the document is now produced and prints as expected.
UPS API. Improved Saturday Delivery Commitments when Rating
UPS API Time in Transit has been enhanced to ensure that Saturday delivery commitments are used correctly when rating. Previously, details from the carrier’s Rate response were returned in some cases, causing incorrect commitments to be shown.
FedEx IPD. Commercial Invoice Now Generated for Consolidated Shipments
A FedEx-Server-generated Commercial Invoice (ID=5) is now always generated electronically for FedEx International Priority DirectDistribution® (IPD) shipments.
FedEx Web Services. Updated International Auxiliary Label and Terms and Conditions Document
Changes have been made to the following FedEx Web Services outputs:
- International Auxiliary Label is now configured under Labels, where previously it was set via Shipping Administration’s Documents screen.
- The International Auxiliary Label and Terms and Conditions Document will be now generated for any international shipment, whereas previously these outputs were only valid with an international return transaction. To reflect this change, the Returns Terms and Conditions Document has been renamed Terms and Conditions Document.
ConnectShip. Updated Return Labels to Work With Https
Added the ability to retrieve ConnectShip return labels using https.
Electronic Export Information (EEI). Fixed Issue with URL Characters
Fixed an error whereby URLs included the character “#”, and thus did not pass data correctly to the EEI website. Now, the URL is returned encoded to prevent the characters appearing in generated URLs.
UPS API. Fixed ReferenceOne Field
The ReferenceOne element is now correctly passed to UPS API.
FedEx Web Services. Added Support for Normalized Addresses
Improved address validation with FedEx Web Services to support localized addresses.
Shipments Database Table. Updated CommitmentDate
Changed the CommitmentDate datatype in the [Shipments] table to a standard datetime column so that accessing data in this column won’t trigger user timezone offsetting. Previously, the product would offset the value to adapt to the timezone of the user viewing the record, even if the value returned already reflected the local timezone.
Note: this change will result in a complete rebuild of the shipments table and this may take some time to complete on large installations. The number of shipments within the table should be carefully considered prior to applying the update. This fix will only apply for new shipments processed after the patch has been applied.
PROJECT TEMPLATE CHANGES
The following templates have been updated and can be used with this release:
Template: SendSuite Live Mailroom
Version: Generation 2 – 3.13
Comments: Improved Rate Group Reset.
XML SCHEMA CHANGES
The following XML Schema changes are included in this release.
- Pierbridge Large Shipment List: Support for large shipments processing.
- Pierbridge Large Shipment Document Get: Support for large shipments processing.
- Pierbridge Large Shipment Status Get: Support for large shipments processing.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021