SendSuite Live version 7.20.00 Release Notes (September 4, 2017)
This section describes the major new features or enhancements that are included in this release.
Generation 2 Desktop and Mailroom. Support for Pagination
The Requisitions Lookup in Mailroom and Desktop project templates now loads the first 100 results by default, and adds pagination for the remaining orders, if more than 100. The number of requisitions per page can be changed by the user in the lookup, with the default set by the new SetPagingSize scripting property added to the Ship Requisition JOC.
Product Database. Rate Storing Setting Now Defaults to False
The Store Rate in Database server setting (added in 7.13.03) now defaults to “False”. When set to “True”, rates are stored in the database, and can substantially increase the size of the database. Because of this, the default has been switched.
If you rely on rates being stored in the database, this is a breaking change. See the Possible Breaking Changes section of these release notes.
Desktop and Mailroom Support for Electronic Submission with USPS IOP
You can now configure an Electronic Certified account for IOP – USPS to process Certified Mail with this carrier.
Desktop (3.7) and Mailroom (3.10) now support ERR and Certified Mail with USPS IOP (new special services: Electronic Return Receipt (ID=65) and Electronic Certified (ID=87)) with an account type of Electronic Certified. This applies to First Class Mail only.
Mailroom project template changes include the following:
- The USPS IOP special service Certified Mail has been replaced with the E-Certified special service. This change does not affect rates or service requests as they are equivalent and triggered by the same flag in carrier requests. Blackbox users can pass this value through Packages/Package/ContentDescription, and this will be displayed in the Reference 1 field for each label. The first package's ContentDescription value will also appear in the DESC field for all labels (following the previous functionality) unless a value is mapped to Shipment/ShippingNotes node, in which case that value will then appear in the DESC field, thereby allowing each label to display a shipment level value in the DESC field and a descriptive package value in the Reference No. 1 field.
- The Electronic Return Receipt special service has been added to the Special Services popup.
- Resolved an issue on Mailroom whereby selecting and then deleting a Cost Center left the eCertified checkbox enabled. Now, in these situations, the checkbox is disabled and only enabled again when a Cost Center is selected.
- Priority Mail options are not supported for IOP.
Desktop project template changes include the following:
- Added ability to switch on the IOP mode (added new project setting, Use IOP For ERR And Certified Mail that defaults to False – USPS Server will continue to be used for ERR and Certified Mail). The IOP workflow retains the ability to scan in a pre-printed certified mail label tracking number, however, it is impossible to process it at the template level.
Additionally, for both Mailroom and Desktop, updated logic of the Enable eCertified Mail and the Process E-Certified Without Cost Center project settings. These are no longer carrier-specific and will work as expected.
This section includes items that have been raised via Support and escalated to Development for resolution within this release.
UPS API. Added Ability to Print Package Descriptions on Labels
Multipack shipments now generate individual content description (of max 35 characters) for each package included in a shipment. Previously, the first description was added to all labels.
Blackbox users can pass this value through Packages/Package/ContentDescription, and this will be displayed in the Reference 1 field (for the first package) and in the DESC field for all labels (following the previous functionality), unless the value is mapped to Shipment/ShippingNotes.
PB Shipping API – USPS. Improved Commitment Date Logic
Updated the PB Shipping API connector to only use the carrier’s estimated delivery date as the commitment level in RateShop.
Outputs. Improved Output Rules for Commercial Invoice Canada
Improved output generation.
Batch Tracking. Improved Functionality
Added the ability to batch track using a specific account. The account is specified in Shipping Administration’s Task Scheduler for the Batch Tracking task. Once set up, the functionality uses the account identifier and the username to complement tracking. This configuration is only mandatory for carriers that require account-specific track requests. If a tracking task is configured without an account, then the task will track all shipments that are not covered by an account-specific tracking task.
Internet Explorer. Improved XML Data Source Handling
Resolved an issue with the browser freezing when loading an order. Improved the XML response to better handle special characters, i.e. soft hyphen (SHY).
FedEx Freight Web Services. Generation 1 Templates. Improved Server Processing of NMFC Codes
Improved null values
This section contains information about minor changes and corrections. It can include issues raised in previous releases that have been corrected.
ATS. PO Number Now Passed
The End of Day upload file now includes the PO number. Additionally, fixed an issue with the package description not being included in the upload file to ATS.
ATS. Improved Consolidation Functionality
Docket codes now sent to ATS with every consolidated shipment that has a billing type set to Third Party (use the Billing Account Number field to provide the docket code), and has a DocketConsolidation field mapped to the project template and set to “True”.
ATS. Label Encoding Change
Changed the ATS label encoding so that the international characters are handled correctly. Additionally, resolved an encoding issue with the XML Client Utility that corrupted international characters.
ConnectShip. Updated for US Territory Shipments
Updated the way the TERMS element is passed to ConnectShip to ensure that submitting shipments to the US territories works as expected.
Authentication Modes. Improved SAML
The SAML authentication module has been updated to ensure access to the latest security features and fixes. Only SHA-2 certificates are supported, as they provide the greatest level of security.
FedEx Web Services. Improved Signature Handling
Improved resilience of FedEx Web Services proof of delivery signature retrieval.
hip To Hold. Improved Shipment Release Error Messages
Error messages returned from the ShipRelease request have been changed to better describe error conditions. The following scenarios now have specific error messages:
- An invalid ShipmentID given to release.
- Shipment not processed with ShipToHold.
- Shipment is valid but not in the expected "Hold" state (i.e. it has already been released).
FedEx SmartPost Web Services. Restored Commitment Level
The "CommitmentLevel" response tag has been restored for SmartPost Web Services. The carrier does not return a specific commitment date for this service; instead, a range of days is returned, for example between 2 and 7. The product now takes the maximum value in this range and calculates a delivery date using this number. This calculated date is then returned for the CommitmentLevel. This change only affects Web Service based carriers, not FedEx Server (FSMS).
FedEx Server. Label Buffer Response Data Now Ignored
FedEx Server now ignores the contents of field 188 (label buffer string). This change ensures that the content of the label file is always fetched from the FedEx Server share, as FSMS has a character limit on field 188.
Generation 2 View. Improved Display
Expanded the Shipped Via textbox to better handle long carrier names, such as FedEx Freight Web Services. Also, refer to the Project Template Changes section of these release notes.
POSSIBLE BREAKING CHANGES
This section lists all changes that have the potential to break legacy functionality. Please review the contents of this section before updating any project to understand the changes that are being made and any actions that you need to take prior to applying the patches.
Store Rate in Database setting now defaults to False
- If you rely on rates being stored in the database, set this to True.
PROJECT TEMPLATE CHANGES
The following templates have been updated and can be used with this release:
Template: SendSuite Live Desktop
Version: Generation 2 – 3.7
Comments: USPS IOP now supports Electronic Certified and Electronic Return Receipt.
Template: SendSuite Live Mailroom
Version: Generation 2 – 3.10
Comments: USPS IOP now supports Electronic Certified and Electronic Return Receipt.
Template: SendSuite Live View
Version: Generation 2 –3.2
Comments: Expanded the Shipped Via textbox.
XML SCHEMA CHANGES
The following XML Schema changes are included in this release.
For Schema Name:
- Ship Request
Added the following:
- DocketConsolidation: If set to “True”, sends a Docket Code to a carrier.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021