SendSuite Live version 7.26.00 Release Notes (August 29, 2018)
This section describes the major new features or enhancements that are included in this release.
Added Support for Stamp Printing
A new Generation 2 project template, Stamps, has been added to allow users to generate and print USPS postage stamps. In addition:
- Print test sheets.
- Load previously used sheets, and reprint once.
- Request refunds.
- See previous stamp requests.
Note: Stamps is a licensable feature. For support, contact your account manager.
FedEx 2017 Certification
Following certification, this release includes expanded support for FedEx Server and FedEx Web Services. See the FedEx Certification section for more details. Also, refer to the XML Schema Changes section.
OnTrac. Updated ZPL Label Format
Amended the Zebra (ZPL) label format in line with OnTrac compliance changes.
This section includes items that have been raised via Support and escalated to Development for resolution within this release.
Administrators Toolbar Repair. Improved Functionality
- The Administrators Toolbar Repair Script file can now be run from File Explorer by double-clicking, where previously it had to be executed via the command prompt.
- Additionally, the script now runs in verbose mode for increased error handling.
- The status of each administrator ActiveX control can now be viewed within the ClientVersions.htm page using the URL: http://myserver/product/projects/clientversions.htm
FedEx Electronic Trade Documents. Modified ETD Uploads
To enhance performance, the product no longer forces FSMS to wait for Electronic Trade Documents (ETD) upload confirmation. It now defers to the FSMS server's ETD Upload Confirmation setting. This can be set to Not Required or Required. If it is set to Not Required, the performance of these transactions is significantly improved. This is a possible breaking change if you require the previous behavior. If so, ensure that the Upload Confirmation setting is set to Required.
Generation 2 Project Templates. End of Day JOC Now Displays Errors
The End of Day JOC now captures and displays to the user any errors returned as part of End of Day Action transaction.
UPS Consolidated. Improved Hazardous Shipping
Updated the way hazardous quantity values are calculated when shipping with UPS Consolidated.
Shipment Server. Addressed Memory Issues
Resolved an issue whereby out of memory errors presented due to the product scanning unfiltered data. The changes apply XSS validation logic, now only scanning filtered rows to ensure memory usage is minimized.
PB Shipping API - USPS. Corrected Issue with Insured Multi-Package Shipments
Individual insured items in multi-package shipments now function as expected when shipping with PB Shipping API - USPS. Previously, errors would occur if insurance was requested on any package other than the first.
This section contains information about minor changes and corrections. It can include issues raised in previous releases that have been corrected.
Product Database. Only Carrier Supported Special Services Stored During Shipments
During a Ship Request, now only special services supported by the carrier are stored in the [Special Services] table. This means that the values saved will now match the values supported by the carrier, rather than those that are passed into the request. Also, refer to the Possible Breaking Changes section.
SpeeDee. Corrected Manifest Upload with COD Packages
Corrected an issue with COD packages not being correctly uploaded to the carrier during SpeeDee manifest upload.
FedEx Freight Web Services. Corrected Issue with Incorrect Totals on Bill of Lading
Bill of Lading now shows correct handling of units and the total number of items shipped. Previously these would be miscalculated, leading to incorrect information shown on the Bill of Lading.
FedEx Web Services. Resolved Issue with Address Validation
Invalid addresses no longer pass validation when shipping with FedEx Web Services.
Purolator Courier Server. Added New Special Service
TNT Express. Corrected Sizing of Manifest
The sizing of the TNT Express Detail Manifest has been updated to cater for an extra blank page printing with the document.
DHL eCommerce. Corrected Page Height of Manifest
The page height of the DHL eCommerce manifest has been adjusted to ensure the preview displays fully in the End of Day Document Viewer.
Outputs. Improved Handling
The performance of transactions that produce outputs, such as Ship and Return actions, has been enhanced. All transactions will be improved, however, the change will be most notable on large shipments (consisting of 10 or more packages).
Printing Nodes Now Wrapped Within a CDATA Element
The value within the Content node for all base 64 encoded printing data is now encased in a CDATA element, affecting all transactions that return this form of encoded data (such as Return, Ship and Print Requests). This change ensures that all characters are correctly preserved when being sent from the server to the client, whereas previously characters such as plus ”+” converted to a space and thus could not be properly decoded.
The change makes a minor correction to the structure of the XML response message. Also, refer to the Possible Breaking Changes section.
Shipment Server. Fixed issue with Logging User’s IP Addresses During Application Start-up
Fixed an issue with logging user's IP addresses that caused an error message to be displayed during the application start process.
Generation 2 Project Templates. Resolved Error with Custom Schema Names
An issue has been corrected whereby custom schema names which included brackets, such as “Custom Schema (1)”, caused errors in Generation 2 project templates.
PROJECT TEMPLATE CHANGES
The following templates have been updated and can be used with this release:
Version: Generation 2 – 2.0
Comments: New template
POSSIBLE BREAKING CHANGES
This section lists all changes that have the potential to break legacy functionality. Please review the contents of this section before updating any project to understand the changes that are being made and any actions that you need to take prior to applying the patches.
- The product now defers to FSMS server's ETD Upload Confirmation setting and no longer forces FSMS to wait for confirmation. If you need the previous behavior, in FSMS server's ETD settings, ensure that Upload Confirmation is set to Required.
- During a Ship Request, now only special services supported by the carrier are stored in the [Special Services] table. This means that the values saved will now match the values supported by the carrier, rather than those that are passed into the request.
- The value within the Content node for all base 64 encoded printing data is now encased in a CDATA element, affecting all transactions that return this form of encoded data (such as Return, Ship and Print Requests). Ensure that the system can handle the amended content node in the xml response structure correctly: <Content><[!CDATA[<base 64 encoded data>]]></Content>.
XML SCHEMA CHANGES
The following XML Schema changes are included in this release.
- Pierbridge Stamps Request: Support for Stamps project template.
- Pierbridge Stamps Response: Support for Stamps project template.
For Schema Name:
- Pierbridge List Request
Added the following:
- CarrierID: Identifier of Carrier for Account List requests only.
- FunctionID: Identifier of the related function for Account list requests only.
For Schema Name:
- Pierbridge Package Request
- Pierbridge Rate Request
- Pierbridge RateShop Request
- Pierbridge RateShop With-Cartonize Request
- Pierbridge Pickup Request
- Pierbridge Ship Request
Added the following:
- LithiumBatteryDetails: Describes the material composition of the battery or cell.
- Packaging: Describes the packing arrangement of the battery or cell with respect to other items within the same package.
This section includes detailed rundown of the changes included as part of FedEx certification referencing relevant documentation updates.
FedEx Web Services. Support for new carrier service:
FedEx Server. FedEx Web Services. Carrier special service name change.
The following Special Services have been renamed to meet FedEx’s branding requirements:
- Home Delivery Type - Appointment has been renamed FedEx Appointment Home Delivery®
- Home Delivery Type - Certain has been renamed FedEx Date Certain Home Delivery®
- Home Delivery Type - Evening has been renamed FedEx Evening Home Delivery®
- Hold at FedEx Location has been renamed Hold at Location
FedEx Server. FedEx Web Services. Support for new carrier special services:
- Lithium Battery
- Lithium Battery Material - Lithium Ion
- Lithium Battery Material - Lithium Metal
- Lithium Battery Packing - Contained in Equipment
- Lithium Battery Packing - Packed With Equipment
FedEx Server. FedEx Web Services. Removed carrier service.
- International Ground Direct Distribution (IGDD) has been discontinued as a service.
Support for Multipack Shipments.
- Multipack Hazardous Domestic shipments using Ground or Express services are now allowed with FedEx Server. International multiple-piece shipments (MPS) with Dangerous Goods (DG) are not supported by FSMS.
Note: If shipping multipacks, it is recommended to install any FedEx server other than version 17.01.169, which doesn't work with multipack shipping. This is a known issue, and FedEx is currently working to resolve it in their subsequent product versions.
Support for Consolidated Shipping.
- FedEx Web Services and FedEx Server are now compliant with International Ground Consolidation (IGC) Shipping.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021