When using localhost site URLs (http://localhost/SendSuite%20Live/projects/login.aspx), SendSuite® Live pages fail to load and the error "System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found." is displayed.
If "localhost" is replaced by the server name, the system will try to load the pages, but will time out with the error message "No response was received from the request you last made. It is not possible to tell if your request was successful..."
The localhost IP address is not correct on the SendSuite Live server.
To resolve this issue:
- On the SendSuite Live server, open the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts in Notepad or another text editor.
- Locate the "localhost" entry and note its IP address. Leave the hosts file open.
- Open a Command Prompt:
- Windows 8 or above: In the search box, type cmd and select Command Prompt.
- Windows 7 or below: Select the Windows Start icon, in the search box type cmd, and select cmd.exe.
- At the command prompt, type ping localhost and press Enter.
- Look for the "Reply from" IP address.
- If the "Reply from" IP address is not the same as the "localhost" IP address in the hosts file, change the hosts file to reflect the IP address of the server.
- Save the updated host file.
- Restart the computer.
- Attempt to load SendSuite Live shipping pages.
If this does not resolve the issue, contact software support.
UPDATED: September 19, 2016