When opening exported CSV reports in Excel, it auto-formats the cells, which can cause data to be displayed incorrectly. To view exported reports with the data formatted correctly, the file must be imported instead of opened.
- Export the report from SendSuite Tracking Online in CSV format.
Important: Do not open the file yet.
- Open Excel and open a new blank workbook.
- Select the Data tab.
- Choose Get External Data > From Text or From Text/CSV.
- Choose the CSV file that you exported in step 1 and click Open.
- In newer versions of Excel, a window opens with the file name at the top and the data shown below:
- Make sure that the Delimiter is set to Comma, then click Load.
- In older versions of Excel, the Text Import Wizard opens:
- In step 1 of 3, choose Delimited and check the My data has headers. box, then click Next.
- In step 2 of 3, check the Comma box and uncheck the Tab box, then click Next.
- In step 3 of 3, in the Data preview section, select each column by clicking the column heading, then select Text under Column data format. Once this is done, the column heading in the Data preview window will say Text. Be sure to scroll side to side and make sure this is done for all columns.
- Click Finish.
- In the Import Data window, leave Existing worksheet selected and click on the square icon in the field below the radio button, then click OK.
- Save the file as an .xlsx file.
UPDATED: November 11, 2020