Canada Post should provide the rate file in Excel format. This includes Canada Post Maritime Contract Rates. If you do not have this file, contact your Canada Post representative.
Follow these steps to prepare the files before loading:
- Open the rate file in Excel.
- On each individual worksheet (tab) in this file, delete the top rows so that the Zone section is in row 5. Everything else will line up correctly if the Zone section is at row 5.
- Select File > Save As and save each individual worksheet (tab) as a separate comma delimited .csv file.
Follow these steps to load the files into Progistics Management Console (PMC):
- Select Start > All Programs > ConnectShip Progistics.
- Right-click on Progistics Management Console and select Run as administrator.
- Expand Carrier Configuration > Canada Post > Company name.
- Select Additional Configuration.
- Select the Custom Rates tab.
- Unload all appropriate custom rates.
- Load the custom rate by selecting the appropriate service.
- Browse to appropriate .csv rate file.
- Select Load.
- Repeat steps 7-9 for all appropriate services.
- Select Account Configuration (on the left side for Canada Post).
- On the General tab, select Use Custom Rates?.
- On the left side, select Server Component .
- Right-click on Connectship Canada Post and select run maintenance.
- Reset Internet Information Services (IIS) .
See also How to update Time in Transit for Canada Post at Rate Change
, which should be completed during any rate change for Canada Post.
Subject: Update Canada Post Custom Maritime Rates
Initial Details: Indication: Customer needs the new Canada Post Maritime Rates manually installed in SendSuite Live.
Resolution: Transfer and manually install rates in the Progistics Management Console. Confirmed rates are correct. Also performed a Time in Transit download and updates for UPS Consolidated. Confirmed customer can rate with both carrier.
UPDATED: February 19, 2021