"An error has occurred on the meter" message when using SendSuite Live and a Connect+ meter
Learn how to resolve the message "An error has occurred on the meter" when starting a batch in SendSuite Live using a Connect + meter.
Products affected: SendSuite® Live, Connect+® 500W, Connect+® 1000, Connect+® 2000, Connect+® 3000, SendPro™ P1000, SendPro™ P1500, SendPro™ P2000, SendPro™ P3000
When starting a batch, SendSuite Live displays the message "An error has occurred on the meter".
This can be caused by an error on the meter or a network issue causing the computer and meter to be unable to communicate.
- Check the meter for errors.
- Ensure that the meter is on the Run Mail screen.
- On the computer, close Internet Explorer.
- Sign in to SendSuite Live but do not load the mailroom project yet.
- In Internet Explorer select Tools > SendSuite Live Meter Configuration.
- Select the Test SendSuite Live Postal Meter Connection button.
- If the test is successful, load the mailroom screen and process a batch.
- If the test fails, reboot the meter and try again. To reboot the Connect+:
- Select the Gear from the lower right corner of the home screen.
- Select Shut Down from the menu.
- Select Shut Down on the pop-up.
- Wait for the screen to turn off and the blue light on the front to turn off. This may take several minutes.
- After everything has been off for 10 seconds, press the power button to turn the meter back on.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021