When performing end of day for carriers POS or POM in SendSuite® Xpress or Ascent™, the error "Error 401: invalid username or password" is displayed.
Your USPS Business Customer Gateway account was updated, but SendSuite Xpress or Ascent was not updated to match.
Enter or verify your USPS Business Customer Gateway account login and password:
Resend the manifest files:
- Close all open Ascent or SendSuite Xpress programs.
- Open Setup:
- Ascent: Start > All Programs > Ascent > Ascent Setup
- SendSuite Xpress: Start > All Programs > Xpress > Xpress Setup
- Go to Carriers > Mail Manifest \ Tracking/Confirmation Setup.
- Next to Mail Manifest \ DC Carrier, select the carrier that displayed the error during the end of day process.
- Under the Tracking/Cong tab, select the Communication Parameters button.
- Verify that your USPS Business Customer Gateway login is displayed in the Login ID field.
- In the Access Password field, delete the current password and enter your USPS Business Customer Gateway password.
- Select the Ok button to confirm entry.
- Close the Ascent/Xpress Setup program.
Due to the error, the manifest file for the day was not transmitted, so it still needs to be transmitted. To resend a manifest file(s):
- Open Processing:
- Ascent: Start > All Programs > Ascent > Ascent Processing
- SendSuite Xpress: Start > All Programs > Xpress > Xpress Processing
- Go to Reports > Archive Reports.
- Select the Source button in the lower right.
- Select the carrier (POS, POM, etc.) for which you were processing end of day when the error occurred, and select the OK button.
- In the File Filter field, enter *.ssf and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- In the column labeled F6-Status, double-click on the file name to organize it into Ascending order.
- After organizing the column, you may see blank entries in the status column, which can be ignored. The only entries we are concerned with are the ones that say Sent or Failed.
- If you see a Sent status as the first option in the Status column, double-click again on the F6-Status column header to reorder the list again.
- Scroll down until you see the first entry that has Failed in the Status column.
- If all statuses are Sent, then all of your manifests files have been sent to USPS and no further action is required.
- Select the row with the Failed status and select the Send button. This will resend the file to USPS.
- Repeat step 6 and 7 for each Failed manifest.
- Once all manifest files have been successfully sent, select the Get button at the bottom to get any files from the USPS server that were missed due to the logon issue.
- Once that process completes, close the Archived window by selecting the closing door icon and continue your normal shipping processes.
UPDATED: October 17, 2017