To set up the connection between SendSuite® Live and the meter:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Select Tools > SendSuite Live Meter Configuration.
- For Meter Type, select DM Series. For Connection type, select the type your meter uses.
Note: When using a Serial connection, the Port name must be entered in this format: "COM1". If you receive the message "Invalid Port name, name must begin with COM", then it was not entered correctly.
- To test the connection, select Test SendSuite Live Postal Meter Connection.
- When you open a project, you will be prompted to install the SendSuite Live Meter Configuration Internet Explorer browser add-on for SendSuite Live. Follow the instructions on the screen to install it.
Note: You can also install the browser add-on by running the file C:\Program Files (x86)\SendSuite Live\Projects Server\Web Site\Resources\Client Postal Meter Setup.exe.
- Install PC Meter Connect:
- Download the file from https://s3.amazonaws.com/pb-product-support/pb-software/setup.exe.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the installation.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- As soon as the installation of PC Meter Connect is complete, right-click on its icon in the Windows system tray (by the clock) and choose Exit. If you do not do this, PC Meter Connect will interfere with the communication between SendSuite Live and the meter. (It is only installed so that the system can use its driver.)
Subject: SendSuite Live and Connect+ Connection Issue
Initial Details: Client called in about the pc connection that getting error connection lost remotely access his computer and change internet setting under pc meter connect choose non-chunk and https. Tested connection by checking balance. Ok. Andrew has concern for sendsuite transfer to software department.
-===================== Issue now is that SSL and Connect+ are not connecting.
Client called in with an issue of connecting the meter to the computer. Yesterday the service technician showed up and replaced the main board and tried to connect the meter to the computer. Technician advised the client that as soon as you have the administrator password call the Technical Support. Client want to be remotely fix the connection of the meter to the computer. Transferred to TIER 2.
ISSUE NOW IS THAT SENDSUITE LIVE AND CONNECT+ AND NOT CONNECTING.
UPDATED: February 25, 2021