To set up the connection between SendSuite® Live and the meter:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Select Tools > SendSuite Live Meter Configuration.
- For Meter Type, select DM Series. For Connection type, select the type your meter uses.
Note: When using a Serial connection, the Port name must be entered in this format: "COM1". If you receive the message "Invalid Port name, name must begin with COM", then it was not entered correctly.
- To test the connection, select Test SendSuite Live Postal Meter Connection.
- When you open a project, you will be prompted to install the SendSuite Live Meter Configuration Internet Explorer browser add-on for SendSuite Live. Follow the instructions on the screen to install it.
Note: You can also install the browser add-on by running the file C:\Program Files (x86)\SendSuite Live\Projects Server\Web Site\Resources\Client Postal Meter Setup.exe.
- Install PC Meter Connect:
- Download the file from https://s3.amazonaws.com/pb-product-support/pb-software/setup.exe.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the installation.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- As soon as the installation of PC Meter Connect is complete, right-click on its icon in the Windows system tray (by the clock) and choose Exit. If you do not do this, PC Meter Connect will interfere with the communication between SendSuite Live and the meter. (It is only installed so that the system can use its driver.)
UPDATED: February 25, 2021