It is strongly recommended to always back up ConnectShip prior to updating the application. The following steps are required to back up ConnectShip completely (details below):
- Stop Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Back up the ConnectShip file system
- Back up the ConnectShip database
Follow these steps to stop IIS:
- Select the Windows Start button.
- Type IIS in the Search programs and files box.
- Right-click on Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, and select Run as Administrator.
- Select the server name located in the Connections box.
- In the actions area, to the right of the server name, select stop.
Follow these steps to back up the ConnectShip file system:
- Right-click on the Windows Start button.
- Select Open Windows Explorer.
- Locate your ConnectShip folder (by default it is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\ConnectShip\).
- Right-click on the folder and select Copy.
- Right-click in a blank area of the Windows Explorer active screen and select Paste.
The ConnectShip backup folder can be pasted anywhere. It is recommended to rename the copied folder with the date and version of ConnectShip when it was copied.
Follow these steps to back up the ConnectShip database:
- Select the Windows Start > All Programs >Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
- Select SQL Server Management Studio.
- Sign in to Microsoft (structured query language) SQL with the SQL administrator SA credentials.
- Expand databases.
- Right-click on ConnectShip database.
- Select Tasks.
- Select Backup.
- Select Browse, or manually enter the location and a name for the new backup file.
- Select OK.
- Select OK again.
UPDATED: March 04, 2021