When checking for updates in IntelliLink Desktop, the following error messages are displayed:
- Unable to retrieve product information for IntelliLink Desktop. If this persists, reference error 508 in the troubleshooting link under the Support tab.
- Unable to retrieve product information for Xpress. If this persists, reference error 504 in the troubleshooting link under the Support tab.
The computer's anti-virus software may be blocking the updates.
For more information, see the IntelliLink Desktop Troubleshooting page
To resolve this issue:
- Disable your anti-virus software. View the anti-virus software's help or contact your IT department for assistance if needed.
Note for Trend Micro Antivirus users: Disabling Trend Micro requires a password. If you do not have the password, contact your IT department.
- Restart the Intellilink Desktop service:
- Right-click on the Windows taskbar and select Start Task Manager.
- Select the Processes tab.
- Select the IDGUI.exe process, then select the End Process button.
- Select the End process button again to confirm.
- Right-click on the Intellilink Desktop icon on your computer's desktop and select Run as administrator.
- On the Updates tab, select the Check Now button.
If the issue is still not resolved, contact client support.
UPDATED: March 13, 2017