When attempting to set up Pitney Bowes Shipping API carrier, the following error message is displayed when requesting the account number:
System.ApplicationException: Your request failed because the carrier returned the following error: Unauthorized
at Pierbridge.Carrier.Administration.GCS.GetNewToken(String baseUri, String KeyAndHeaderValue)
This can be caused by either:
- A mismatch between the key and environment type, or
- An issue with the Pitney Bowes Shipping API account configuration
To resolve this issue:
- Verify that you are using the correct key for your environment type:
- If SendSuite® Live is in Test mode, then you must use the provided Development keys.
- If SendSuite Live is in Live mode, then you must use the provided Production keys.
If you verify that the correct key is being used and you still receive the error, contact client support.
UPDATED: December 21, 2016