Products affected: SendSuite® Live
Note: Pitney Bowes offers a billable service for clients who would prefer to have Pitney Bowes upgrade SendSuite Live for them. Contact Pitney Bowes software support for details.
Before you begin:
- The user logged into Windows must have full administrative rights. That user must also have full rights to the database server. Insufficient rights will cause the upgrade to be incomplete, resulting in a need to restore.
- Before starting, back up the SendSuite Live database and file system. For instructions, see Backing up the SendSuite Live file system and database.
- On your desktop or Start menu, right-click on SendSuite Live Installation & Updates and select Run as administrator.
- When the SendSuite Live Installation & Updates window opens, click the Manage button.
- Click the Update button. The available SendSuite Live Installation & Updates versions are displayed, but the updates for them are not yet shown. In this example, there are 3 Installation & Updates versions, 7.1.8, 7.1.9, and 7.1.10.
- Check the box for the first Installation & Updates version ONLY (7.1.8 in this example), then click Next.
IMPORTANT: Do not select all of the Installation & Updates versions at the same time. You must install each one individually, then check for available updates for that one before installing the next one (details below).
- Once the selected Installation & Updates version is installed, you will then see the SendSuite Live updates that are available for it. Check only the updates for the Installation & Updates version that you just installed, then click Next. Do not select any of the other Installation & Updates versions yet.
- Once the download is complete, click Next.
- On the Ready To Install screen, click Next.
- When the installation is finished, click Next.
- Check the Close the application when I click finish… box, then click the Finish button.
- Repeat steps 4-9 to install each installer and then its updates until no more installers and updates are shown.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021