IL MAKIAGE embraces designed approach to delighting customers with delivery and returns
IL MAKIAGE is a prestige direct-to-consumer beauty brand which leverages data science, machine learning and computer vision capabilities to deliver state-of-the-art online experiences for consumers.
More About the Challenge
After struggling with opaque pricing and surprise fees from other carriers, IL MAKIAGE started looking for a delivery and returns provider who could provide consistent, transparent billing coupled with great service. What they got was a trusted ecommerce logistics partner that knew how to use data to model solutions that deliver a great customer experience in both the US and in Canada.
Our Designed Approach
Pitney Bowes collaborated with multiple stakeholders from IL MAKIAGE—including logistics, customer service, and accounts payable teams—to learn their workflows and requirements before designing a best-fit solution. Pitney Bowes leveraged its decades of logistics experience, the proprietary BOXlab™ app, and data shared by IL MAKIAGE to model and implement delivery and returns services with more direct loads than its previous solution, achieving faster delivery times while maintaining transparent pricing and easy-to-understand billing.
After the initial launch of the Designed Delivery services, the Pitney Bowes team’s dedication to continuous improvement uncovered several opportunities to create new data-driven solutions and optimize existing delivery and returns processes. Collaborative accomplishments include:
- Creating direct injection lanes to the Midwest and Southeast, two critical regions for IL MAKIAGE, speeding up delivery and returns by up to three days for approximately one-third of all order volume, improving the customers’ experience while balancing cost and speed
- Optimizing bicoastal US distribution by working with the 3PL partner to enhance outbound fulfillment
- Leveraging BOXlab to model a future state analysis to accommodate network growth incorporating more distribution points and locations.
- Lowering costs on all non-continental, APO/FPO and military shipments
- Proactively designing a hybrid returns solution that uses multiple transportation speeds to deliver cost savings while matching or exceeding previous SLAs.
- Launching Designed Delivery in Canada, using a multicarrier approach to allocate volumes based on carrier performance and consistently deliver 2.5 business day cycle times across all regions, all while maintaining predictable pricing and streamlined invoicing and reporting.
Why Designed Works
The Pitney Bowes team’s consultative, data-driven approach allowed flexibility for faster expedited service when needed and removed up to three days from US delivery times while preserving cost for IL MAKIAGE.
The close partnership and commitment to constant improvement created the opportunity to grow and innovate in Canada, using the extensive Pitney Bowes network of providers to provide IL MAKIAGE the flexibility, reliability and speed of a multicarrier portfolio, with the seamless client experience of single carrier.