Follow these steps to replace your ink cartridge:
- If you have a scale, lift it up and remove it from the top of the machine.
- Open the ink tank access cover.
- Select Replace Ink Tank. A "Moving Ink Tank" message displays.
- When the Install Ink Tank / Print Head screen displays, unlock the green ink tank cartridge guard.
- Lift and remove old ink cartridge.
- Remove the tape from the bottom of the new ink cartridge.
- Lower the ink tank into the cavity. The ridges on either side of the cartridge slide into the grooves.
- Close the green ink tank cartridge guard. It clicks when fully closed.
- Close the cover. The system automatically recognizes the new cartridge.
- When the system prompts to print a test pattern, select one of the following options:
- To print a test pattern, select Yes, Print Test Pattern.
- To skip printing a test pattern and return to the Home screen, select No.
- If you removed a scale, place it back on top of the machine.
- Press Normal Preset to return to your default settings.
When your ink supply is low or exhausted, your device displays either a "Low Ink" warning or "Ink Out" warning. You need to replace the ink cartridge when you see one of these warnings.
The actual ink usage varies and depends on whether ads are routinely printed, how many pieces of mail are printed, and other factors.
- "Low Ink" Warning - Replace the ink tank soon. The system can print approximately 300 more impressions.
Caution: Replace the ink tank as soon as possible to avoid running out of ink.
- "Ink Out" Warning - Replace the ink tank immediately. The ink supply is exhausted and the system will not print.
- "No Ink Tank" Message - If a new Pitney Bowes ink tank has been installed and this message displays, contact the Supply Line for a replacement tank.
If you need ink, order a genuine Pitney Bowes replacement ink cartridge:
If you require additional assistance, contact technical support. Please have your model and serial number ready.
UPDATED: June 24, 2020