Creating and printing a domestic shipping label in SendPro Online
Learn how to create and print a domestic shipping label in SendPro Online.
Products affected: SendPro® Online
- From the SendPro Online Home screen or the Print menu, select a carrier.
- If you use Cost Accounts, select the desired account from the Cost Account menu.
- Enter the recipient address, or select the address book icon to select an address from the address book.
- If prompted to verify the address, select Use Verified.
- To email the tracking number when you print the label, select the Email the tracking number box and enter the email address.
- Select Continue.
- On the Choose Your Packaging screen, select the type of package and enter the package information. If you have an attached USB scale, select the scale button and place the package on the scale. For more information about carrier services and packaging, see the Carrier Services and Packaging section below.
- Select Continue.
- On the Choose Your Service screen, select the shipping date, then select the service you wish to use. Use the menus at the top to change the carrier*, ship date, carrier account, or Ship from ZIP Code as needed.
- Once the service has been selected, choose any extra services you wish to add. The total cost for the label is shown at the bottom of the screen. The total cost may differ from the amount next to the services due to taxes and surcharges.
- Select Print.
- In the Select a print size field, select either Roll - 4 x 6 or Plain Paper - 8.5 x 11.
- To add a note about the shipment, enter it in the Memo field. You can enter up to 40 characters for USPS and up to 35 characters for FedEx and UPS. This memo appears on the label and in your history file.
- To print a receipt along with the label, select the Print receipt with label box (USPS only). You can select this option only when printing on 8.5 x 11 printers.
- Select Print. The label opens in PDF format in a new browser tab, from which you can print.
For more information about carrier services, visit the carrier's website:
UPDATED: October 11, 2023