Addresses added in SendPro Online are also visible on other SendPro products such as the SendPro Tablet, SendPro C/SendPro+ meters, and SendPro P Series meters.
The SendPro Online address book can hold an unlimited number of addresses. However, on SendPro C/SendPro+ and SendPro P Series meters, only 1000 addresses are visible.
- If you are importing addresses from another program, export/save those addresses as a CSV file. Make sure that your file meets the guidelines below.
- From the menu at the top, select Address Book.
- Select the + (plus) icon.
- Select Import multiple addresses.
- (Optional) To use SendPro’s template to create your import file, select Download a .csv template. The file template.en-us.csv will be downloaded. You can insert your addresses into this template, or copy the headers (first row) from this template into your own address file. However, this is not necessary because SendPro will walk you through mapping your address data later. Make sure that your file meets the guidelines below.
- Once you have your CSV file of addresses ready to import, select Browse and choose your file.
- If you wish to remove all existing addresses in your address book and replace them with the addresses in the import file, select Replace my current Address Book data with my imported data. If this is not checked, the addresses in the import file will be added to the addresses already in your address book.
Note: If you use a shared address book, the replace option is not available.
- If you are importing a file that was exported from your UPS or FedEx account, select Addresses are from my UPS/FedEx address book.
- Select Continue. If you are importing a UPS or FedEx file, you are finished. If importing any other file, proceed with steps 10-11.
- The mapping screen appears. Match your CSV file fields on the left with the SendPro address book fields on the right. Review the list and make sure that all of the fields are mapped correctly. For any that say Ignore Field, choose the correct field. If you choose Ignore Field, that field will not be imported.
- Select Continue.
SendPro address import guidelines
- The order of the columns in the import file does not matter.
- SendPro requires the first and last names to be in a single field called Name. If the first and last names are in separate columns in your data file, you can use Excel's concatenate function to put them into a single column. You may also include title, middle name, or middle initial in the Name field if you choose.
- You can use only fields that correspond to those available in SendPro Online. The number of imported fields cannot exceed the maximum number of fields available in SendPro Online. For example, CSV files exported from Google accounts usually contain many more fields than those available in the SendPro Online address book.
- Because addresses must pass USPS validation when used in SendPro, the following fields are required. You can import addresses that do not contain these fields, but in order to use the address, these fields must be filled in.
1The State/Province field only accepts two-letter abbreviations for US states.
2The Country field only accepts either two-letter country codes or the country spelled out in full. For example, it will accept "US" or "United States", but not "USA". For a list of country codes, see the USPS International Country Codes, Prices, and Forms page.
UPDATED: June 01, 2021