Products affected: SendSuite® Live
When attempting to load project design from the SendSuite® Live Project Configuration page, the error message "An error has occurred in the VDPETree component: You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality - UserControl_Initialize" is displayed.
The MSCOMCTL.OCX file is outdated.
Note: This procedure requires permission to install software and restart the server. If you do not have access to install software or restart the server, contact your IT department. If you need assistance performing this procedure, contact your IT department or Pitney Bowes client support for assistance.
- Download and install Microsoft patch KB896559.
- Restart the server.
- Unregister the MSCOMCTL.OCX from the C:\windows\syswow64\ folder:
- Select the Windows Start button.
- In the search box, type: cmd. A command prompt window will open.
- At the command line prompt, type: regsvr32 /u MSCOMCTL.OCX
- Leave the command prompt window open.
- In Windows Explorer, go to C:\windows\syswow64\.
- Right-click on MSCOMCTL.OCX and select Copy.
- Go to C:\Windows\System32\ and paste the copied file.
- Register the new file in the C:\Windows\system32\ folder:
- Go back to the command prompt window and at the command line prompt, type: regsvr32 MSCOMCTL.OCX
UPDATED: August 14, 2021