Advancing your printed date on the DM100i-DM225
Learn how to change your printed date to a future date on the DM100i, DM125, DM200L and DM225.
Products affected: DM100®i, DM125™, DM200L™, DM225™
You can advance the date printed on your meter stamp when you prepare outgoing mail that gets mailed on a future business day.
- Advance the date printed from your meter
- Advance the date printed from your computer using PC Meter Connect (for DM125™ and DM225™ only)
- Press Options.
- Select Advance the date.
- Select how many days to advance:
- To advance your date by one day, select Add one day.
- To advance your date by more than one day, use your keypad to enter the desired number of days, then select Add _ days (1-30).
The date to be printed displays at the top of your screen.
- Select Continue to return to the Main menu.
- Press Options and select Set to today's date to return your meter to the current date.
Advance the date printed from your computer while using PC Meter Connect (For DM125™ and DM225™ only)
- Select Meter Settings on the My Meter tab.
- Select Date and Time.
- In the Print Date field, access your calendar. Use the < or > keys to select the month, then select the day.
- Select Apply. A confirmation screen displays your new date.
- Select OK.
- To set your date back to the current date, repeat Steps 1-5 and select today's date.
Note: If you use PC Meter Connect Enhanced version, accessing a feature from the Main window "wakes" your meter if your meter is in sleep mode. Once in an awakened state, your meter must be at the Home screen to use features found on the Postage, Updates, and My Meter tabs in your Main window. Otherwise, a "meter is busy" message displays on your computer.
- You can advance your printed date up to 30 days in the future from the current date.
- Mailpieces must be mailed on the date printed on the meter stamp.
- You cannot backdate your mail, (that is, you cannot change your printed date to a date earlier than the meter's internally held date) per USPS policy.
- Changing your printed date does not change your meter's internally held date.
- Accounting data is posted on the actual date the mailpiece is run (per the meter's internally held date), not by the date printed on the meter stamp.
UPDATED: June 22, 2023