Before you begin
Make sure that you have the following pieces of information. Contact your IT department for assistance if you need help gathering this information.
- Learn if any special settings are necessary to install a new device on your wireless network, such as static IP addresses, proxy servers, or any specific wireless network settings. See the “Special Network Settings” instructions provided in the Communication Device Install Guide.
- Learn the name (SSID) and password (security key) for your wireless network/router.
- Install the Wireless USB Plug-in in one of the USB ports in the Communication Device.
- Make sure that a wireless access point (transmitter) is close enough to the location of your meter to provide a good wireless signal.
Follow these steps to set up and connect to your wireless (WiFi) network with a Communication Device:Unpack your box
Connect your Communication Device
- Unpack the postage meter and all components included in the box.
- Review your mailstation/mailstation2 Install Guide.
Connect your Communication Device to your meter
- Plug one end of the network cable into an active internet port.
- Plug the other end of the network cable into the Communication Device.
- Plug the AC adapter power cord into the Communication Device and plug it into a power outlet. When the left LED is lit yellow, the device has power. Wait 45 seconds until the right LED is blinking orange. This means that the Communication Device is communicating with your network.
Set up the Communications Device to operate on your wireless network
- Plug one end of the short USB cable into the Communication Device.
- Plug the other end of the short USB cable into the meter.
- Attach the second power cord into the meter and plug it into a power outlet.
- The meter displays startup screens and you hear the meter’s printer initialize.
- Once the initialization process completes, the right LED changes to blinking green. This means that your meter has successfully connected to the internet.
- On a computer, go to the Network setup for Communication Device page.
- Select the download link for your operating system.
- Save the file to your computer on the desktop or in the Downloads folder. The name of the application is Network Setup Utility.
- Go to the download location and open the downloaded file. If prompted for a password, enter MnDqr7.
- Select Setup for Wireless Connection.
- Read the User License Agreement. If you agree, select Yes.
- Select the SSID (name) for your wireless network.
- If you do not see your network listed, select Search.
- If your network still does not appear, disconnect the Communication Device from the meter and select Search again. If required, enter and re-enter the password for the selected wireless network and select Next. If you do not know this information, contact your IT department.
Note: If the wireless network you use does not broadcast its name, the name does not appear on this list. To enter this information, scroll down and select Other Network.
New Meter Users
- Select Next and enter the settings for your wireless network.
- Special settings:
- Enter special settings here if required for devices on your network (e.g., static IP address, proxy server, or other unique wireless settings).
- Select Next to skip these screens if your network does not require any special settings.
- Select Submit to confirm that these are the settings you want to send to the Communication Device.
- Restart your Communication Device:
- Disconnect the network cable and power cord from the Communication Device. Ensure that the meter and Communication Device are connected with the USB cable.
- Reconnect the power cord to the Communication Device. Do not reconnect the network cable.
- Connect the power cable to the meter.
- Check that the right LED on the Communication Device is blinking green after 60 seconds.
Complete the meter installation by returning to the mailstation/mailstation2 Install Guide
section “Install Scale".Upgrade Users
- See Returning a meter for instructions and help withdrawing funds from your old meter.
- To confirm that the meter is connected to the internet through your wireless network:
- Press Funds on the meter.
- Press Review (down) until the screen says Check amt available to download?
- Press Enter/yes.
- When your balances appear on the meter, you have confirmed that your wireless connection is working.
- Connect power to the meter. If your meter is already installed, the power may already be connected.
UPDATED: February 11, 2021