Troubleshooting a WiFi connection with a USB Ethernet network adapter and WiFi Connection Device on the DM125 - DM475 and DM Infinity
Try another connection method, Restart the meter, check the physical connections and network settings to resolve WiFi connection issues on the DM125, DM225, DM300C, DM400C, DM450C, DM475 and DM Infinity.
Products affected: DM125™, DM225™, DM300C™, DM400C™, DM450C™, DM475™ and DM Infinity™
Your meter cannot connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Center through a WiFi connection with a USB Ethernet network adapter and WiFi Connection Device.
Connection issues can be caused by:
- your settings
- your connection
- your firewall
Solution 1: Try a different connection method
Solution 2: Check your internet access
- Verify that other devices on the same wireless network can access the internet.
- If they cannot connect, you have a connection problem unrelated to your WiFi Connection Device. Check with your IT department or service provider to resolve this issue.
Solution 3: Check your WiFi Connection Device
- Remove your WiFi Connection Device from your meter and connect it to your computer.
- Make sure no other network cables are connected and the WiFi on your computer is turned off.
- If your computer connects to the internet, your WiFi Connection Device is working correctly. Contact Pitney Bowes for further support.
- If your computer does not connect to the internet, your WiFi Connection Device is not configured correctly.
- Hold the reset button in with a pen for 5 seconds.
- Your WiFi Connection Device is compatible with 801.11B, 801.11G, and 801.11N only.
- Re-setup the device. See Installing the DM series WiFi Connection Device on the DM125-DM1100, DM Infinity, and SendPro 300
- Your connection issues should be resolved. Try reconnecting again.
Solution 4: Check your USB Ethernet connectionIf your WiFi Connection Device works, then try resolving your issue by checking connection issues with your USB Ethernet adapter:
UPDATED: August 14, 2021